Are you ready for a breathtaking outdoor adventure into the stunning natural wonderland that is North Carolina? Have you been scouring the web for interesting and exciting hiking trails in this state to explore? Whether you've lived here your entire life or are just visiting, get ready to embark on some truly unique hikes through some of NC's most stunning sights. From mountain peaks boasting gorgeous views, to lush forests full of hidden surprises - there's no doubt that these trails will leave an indelible mark on your memory. So pack up your supplies, grab your walking shoes, and let’s take an amazing journey through the incredible hiking trails in North Carolina!
North Carolina is home to many beautiful hiking trails that offer a variety of landscapes and experiences. Here are a few of the top hiking trails in the state:
- The Appalachian Trail: This iconic 2,192-mile trail runs through the eastern United States and passes through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in North Carolina.
- The Linville Gorge Wilderness Area: This wilderness area is home to more than 50 miles of hiking trails, including the popular Linville Falls Trail, which leads to a series of beautiful waterfalls.
- The Great Smoky Mountains National Park: This park is home to more than 800 miles of hiking trails, including the popular Chimney Tops Trail, which offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- The Pisgah National Forest: This forest is home to more than 500 miles of hiking trails, including the popular Art Loeb Trail, which offers a challenging backcountry experience.
- The Hanging Rock State Park: This park is home to a variety of trails, including the popular Hanging Rock Trail, which leads to a beautiful lookout point.
In North Carolina, you can find many different environments within a close proximity, making it the perfect state to go hiking. From the mountains to the coast, there are an endless amount of trails to explore. And with so many options, you can always find a trail that meets your level of experience. Hiking is also a great way to clear your mind and relax. Being in nature has been proven to reduce stress levels and improve mental clarity. So if you're looking for a reason to take some time off this year, consider going on a hike in North Carolina – your body and mind will thank you!
|Hiking trail near Nantahala Lake
|Big Creek Loop
|Nice Waterfalls on this Smokey Mountain Trail
|Hike to a waterfall in E. B. Jeffress Park
|Cedar Point Tideland Trail
|Trail in Croatan National Forest
|Cumberland Knob Trail
|Hiking trail to Cumberland Knob
|Devil's Courthouse Trail
|Breathtaking panoramic view at the top
|Four Seasons Trail
|Hike inside Chimney Rock Park
|Gully Creek Trail
|Hiking trail in Cumberland Knob Recreation Area
|Hickory Nut Falls Trail
|Hiking trail to the falls in Chimney Rock Park
|Island Creek Forest Walk
|Hiking trail along Island Creek
|Joyce Kilmer Recreation Trail
|Old growth forest with yellow poplars that are over 100 feet tall and measure 15 to 20 feet in circumference
|London Bald Trail
|Hiking trail through Nantahala National Forest
|Hiking Trail through Croatan National Forest
|Skyline-Cliff Trail Loop
|Hiking loop through Chimney Rock Park
|Van Hook Trail
|Short trail from Van Hook Campground to Cliffside Lake Recreation Area